By Mehak Bhasin
1. Every night in Cardiff has the potential of becoming a night out.
– Monday – Glam
– Tuesday – Revs
– Wednesday – CUSU (Yolo)
– Thursday – Walkabout (TNT)
– Friday – Pryzm
– Saturday – CUSU (Flux)
2. And it ends with food at 3 am.
Burger King, McDonald’s or Mama’s Kebab House on City Road. Take your pick.
3. Because cooking drunk is never a good idea.
4. Deliveroo, JustEat and Kukd.
The necessary takeaway for those hungover mornings and when you’re just too lazy to cook.
5. Fattoush (previously known as Uni Kitchen)
For the love of chips and cheese with garlic mayo and ketchup.
6. The fire alarm will go off in student halls at the oddest hour.
7. It rains almost all the time.
8. And the wind sometimes makes it pointless to carry an umbrella.
If it’s very windy, this will happen.
9. But when the sun shines, Cardiff is the best city on Earth.
And on those days, there is an abundance of places to visit.
10. Bute Park
On those beautiful sunny days, most students head to Bute Park to chill in the park or play a game of football and cricket.
11. Chippy Lane
For more chips and cheese, and the added options of chips with curry and delicious kebabs.
12. Dressing up in weird attire is huge.
13. So naturally Halloween is widely celebrated.
14. Free entry into Live Lounge
Perfect for those broke university students.
15. Winter Wonderland
A magical place around Christmas time to enjoy rides, ice skating, hot dogs and beers!
16. Drunk strangers become the best of friends.
17. Varsity – and the Cardiff vs. Swansea rivalry
18. Cardiff Bay
With a whole range of restaurants and an exquisite view, no wonder this place is loved by students, locals and tourists.
19. Endless nights in Julian Hodge or ASSL during exam time.
20. Premiere Cinemas and the student tickets
£3 tickets, it doesn’t get better than that!