New couples program will provide people increased motivation and accountability by capitalising on their shared passion for living a fit and healthy life. Enrollment is throughout February at their private studio in Penylan.
In recognition of Valentine’s Day, Cardiff’s B Fit Personal Training, has created a new “Couples in Motion” Fitness Program. Designed to take advantage of the natural synergy that occurs when two people are focused on the same goal, “Couples in Motion” will provide people added motivation and incentive to meet and achieve all of their 2016 health and fitness goals.
“When couples work out together, the actual exercise itself can physically and emotionally have a positive impact,” marriage and relationship psychotherapist, Dr. Jane Greer, recently told the YouBeauty website. “Both partners come away with feelings of synchronicity, cooperative spirit and shared passion. Then you throw in some spicy endorphins and it can be a real power trip for the relationship,” she adds.
What’s more, Michigan State University researchers believe that exercising with a partner (regardless of whether they are real or virtual) can increase the effectiveness of workouts by up to 100 percent. In the study they found that people who trained with a virtual cycling partner were, not only more motivated to stick with it, they were more likely to put more effort into their exercises.
Kev Foley, owner of B Fit PT, listed seven ways that their “Couples in Motion” program will help people more easily achieve every one of their fitness goals this year. Working out with your partner:
1. Keeps you motivated. You’re more likely to keep each other accountable and stick with it.
2. Allows you to spend more quality time together, which will lead to improved bonding and intimacy.
3. Gives you additional encouragement and opens up the opportunity for friendly competition.
4. Is a way to become more physically attractive to one another.
5. Makes it easier to get involved if you’re hesitant to take the fitness leap alone.
6. Shows you are concerned about each other’s health and fitness.
7. Is a fun and great way to expand your social circle.
“Another reason for couples to work out together is, you no longer have to make a choice between spending time with your partner or working out. Plus often couples like different sports – the husband might play golf, the wife tennis. Getting fit and healthy together is a passion couples can share together.” said Kev.
The program takes place throughout February at their private studio at St Peter’s Rugby Club in Penylan, Cardiff.