Edwards Coaches, a family run business now in their 5th generation of ownership are a Coach Holiday company based in South Wales. As 2015 represents their 90th year of operation, Edwards Coaches have plenty of reason to be in celebratory mood. Tuesday 1st of December marks the release of the ‘The Times’ Newspaper short film documentary on the partnership between Edwards Coaches and Lombard Finance, the Asset Finance arm of the Royal Bank of Scotland.
The partnership between Edwards Coaches and Lombard, has allowed Edwards Coaches to grow the fleet further than ever before, helping to finance and fulfill their demand for new Executive Coaches. Now with 210 vehicles on the road everyday, covering a staggering 11 million miles annually, Edwards Coaches has established a great base within the heart of South Wales. With Holidays travelling across the UK and Europe wide including pick up routes across the M4 corridor, The Forest of Dean and Welsh Borders, M25 and the M20 for European Holidays, this allows the business to increase their reach, outside of South Wales. The investment of added Executive Vehicles has also allowed Edwards to add to their many income streams across the business from Local Bus Service, Coach Hire, Groups, Holidays and Ecole, the Educational School Tour providers.
The short documentary was filmed by The Times Newspaper in November 2015 and looked closely at the relationship between the two companies. As well as looking at the established partnership, the film takes a brief look into behind the scenes at Edwards Coaches from the workshop to the front of house Travel Consultants.
Travelling in the renowned Red Dragon Coach, famed for transporting the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) team, Jason Edwards FCILT talks about the growth of Edwards Coaches over the years and how they have helped the local economy grow. Contributing over £9 million per year to the local economy, Edwards Coaches employ 470 staff, the majority of which are based within South Wales.
The release of the documentary has now gone live on The Times website and can be viewed here, http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/assetfinance/article4629074.ece
Edwards Coaches are winners of the following 2015 awards:
• UK Property Awards 2015 – TGL Property “Commercial Renovation/ Redevelopment” Portbyhan Hotel
• National Express Engineering Audit – Gold Status
• Sunday Times Profit Track 100 – Ranking 29 on the annual league table of Britain’s private companies with the fastest growing profits
• TripAdvisor, “Portbyhan Hotel” – Certificate of Excellence
• Group Travel Awards, Winner – ‘Best Coach Operator for Groups’
• Silver Travel Advisor Awards, Nominated – ‘Best Coach Operator’
• National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Tour Operator of the Year- Large Fleet’
• National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Professional of the Year – Alan Clough’
• National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Driver of the Year – Glyn Bowden’
• National Coach Tourism Awards, Winner – ‘Portbyhan Hotel – Individual Hotel of the Year’
• National Coach Tourism Awards, Finalist – ‘Holiday Programme of the year’
• UK Coach Awards 2015, Winner – ‘Top Large Fleet Operator’
• UK Coach Rally 2015, Winner – ‘Welsh Coach of The Year’
• National Express Awards 2015, Winner – “UK Driver’s of the Year” – Brent Humphries and Gerwyn Roberts
• National Express Awards 2015, Winner – ‘Operator of the year 16+ vehicles’
• National Express Awards 2015, Winner – ‘High Achiever Award – Recognising Long Term Performance Above Standard’
• Accor Hotels UK 2015, Winner – ‘Partnership Achievement Award’
- Edwards Coaches Ltd established in 1925.
- Celebrating 90 years in business this year.
- Operates 210 coaches daily and employ 470 local staff
- On average carry 7,500 school children daily.
- 80,000 coach holiday passengers a year.
- Operates National Express routes from South Wales of around 5 million miles per year.
- Operates a local service bus service to and from Cardiff.
- Still family owned and run, now in its 5th generation.
- 10 Brand new Mercedes-Benz Tourismo Coaches purchased 31 March 2015, costing £2,750,000
- Edwards Coaches enter the Sunday Times ‘Profit Track 100’ at number 29.
- Owner of the award winning Portbyhan Hotel, Looe, Cornwall