The annual UK Coach Rally took place last weekend in Blackpool, marking the 62nd anniversary since it’s inception in 1955. This year saw over 50 entrants to the rally, which made up the promenade in front of the famous Blackpool Tower.
The award for ‘Welsh Coach of the year’ was given to Edwards Coaches of South Wales, for the 4th consecutive year marking an incredible start to 2016 for the company. The coach which won the award was the Mercedes Tourismo, part of the make up of a 300 strong vehicle fleet at Edwards Coaches. Used mostly on continental holidays, the Mercedes Tourismo allow for greater passenger comfort and entertainment on board with TV screens fitted throughout the coach.
With the recent investment of £5 million and addition of 19 new coaches, the fleet is growing quicker than ever before as Edwards look to further their reach across South Wales and across the bridge into England.
Edwards Coaches are winners of the following 2016 awards:
• Gold Award – Top UK Coach Driver 2016 UK Coach Awards – Glyn Bowden
• Welsh Coach of the Year award 2016
• Finalists for 6 National Coach Tourism Awards
• Accor hotels partnership award 2016
• National Express Operator Awards – High Achiever Award
• National Express Operator Awards – Gold Standard Operator
• National Express Operator Awards – Engineering Gold Standard
• National Express Operator Awards – 21+ Vehicle Operator
• UK Coach Rally 2016, Winner – ‘Welsh Coach of The Year’