For those looking for a family day out over the summer holidays, The Royal Mint Experience is the perfect choice – allowing visitors to discover the unexpected wonder of coins and find out how they make their way into pockets and purses around the world!
Located in Llantrisant, near Cardiff, The Royal Mint Experience will give visitors first-hand knowledge of the manufacturing journey of a coin, while a series of static and interactive exhibitions will bring the 1,000-year-old organisation’s rich heritage to life.
During the summer holidays The Royal Mint Experience is also running a ‘Six weeks of Summer’ event programme with different family-friendly activities taking place each week to keep visitors of all ages entertained. Events include:
(pictured above: Royal Mint employee Sadie Butler and family experience the ‘journey of a coin’)
- · 28th July & 1st August from 11am-3pm – Art Workshop with Re-Create
- · 3rd August at 11am, 12.30pm & 2.30pm – Bubbles & Balloons Science Show
- · 8th August from 11am-3pm – Making Medals
- · 9th August from 11am-4pm – Olympics Balloonatics
- · 11th August from 11am – 4pm – Shakespeare Street Art
- · 15th August from 11am – 3pm – Mask making
- · 16th August from 11am – 3pm – Clay Modelling with Re-Create
- · 18th August at 11am, 12.30pm & 2.30pm – Who wants to be a Super Hero?
- · 22nd August from 11am – 4pm – Meet Peter Rabbit & hear his tales
- · 23rd August from 11am – 3pm – Make A Money Box
- · 24th August from 11am – 3pm – Scrap Play with Re-Create
- · 26th August from 11am – 3pm – Mr Phoebus – Victorian Penny Farthing Rider
Open daily 9:30am to 6:30pm – Tickets are available to pre book now from www.royalmint.com/experience.