Blog

09/10/2015

The automatic enrolment countdown for thousands of small and micro businesses across Wales has begun and The Pensions Regulator is calling on employers to act now. The law has changed so that around 50,000 employers across Wales will have to meet their new pensions duties. Across the UK, up to 1.8 million employers will have automatic enrolment duties over the next three years. Many of these employers will see their legal duties start from January next year and with just four months to go, they should…

09/10/2015

LONDON, ENGLAND – (NYSE:SHAK) July XX, 2015 – A tale of two Shacks…Shake Shack® is thrilled to announce it will open two new Shacks late 2015/early 2016: a third London Shack on New Oxford Street, among several exciting redevelopment projects, and the first-ever Cardiff Shack in St. David’s Shopping Centre, one of Europe’s premiere shopping and leisure destinations. Born in New York City, Shake Shack is a critically acclaimed, modern day “roadside” burger stand known for its 100% all-natural Angus…

09/10/2015

I have an admission, my  sports bra is the colour of an unbleached tea bag! Was it ever white? But it’s seen me through a few adventures and has plenty more ahead. I placed it in the washing basket tonight, wondering if it would allow me to do anything energetic this week by washing and drying (and staying in one piece!) in time. You see, I am a woman who feels the need for movement, for sweating and for that…

09/10/2015

Last seen in Cardiff in 2006, New York’s all-male, professional comedy ballet company, Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo, return to Wales Millennium Centre (October 16-17) as part of a Dance Consortium UK tour.  Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo, or ‘The Trocks’, as they are affectionately known, present an inspired blend of their loving knowledge of dance, their brilliant comedic approach, and the astonishing fact that men can, indeed, dance en pointe without falling flat on their faces.  Dancers…

09/10/2015

GUARANTEED to be cheeky, bold and outrageous Jim Davidson is back on the road with a brand new tour, which comes to St David’s Hall next Monday (12 October). Widely renowned as one of Britain’s best loved and daring comedians, Jim Davidson OBE returns with Charlton Nil – a tongue-in-cheek homage to a lifetime of supporting his beloved football team Charlton Athletic. Jim first became a household name throughout the 70s as one of the UK’s leading comics before conquering…

09/10/2015

Welsh Britain’s Got Talent contestant, Nathan Wyburn is the latest to join a growing school of creatives getting their hands dirty by rustling up portraits using an array of tasty tidbits. Armed with chopsticks, oodles of talent and a popular dipping sauce of the soy variety, Nathan immortalised rugby hero and Welsh captain Sam Warburton today in one of Cardiff’s most popular Chinese restaurants, Wok To Go. With the nation taken over by rugby fever, Nathan has paid tribute to…

09/10/2015

Not only does autumn strip trees of their leaves, but this season can also lead to the shedding of our luscious locks! A fifth of UK women over 25 currently suffer hair loss or hair thinning and almost one in ten have suffered some form of hair loss in the past. Autumn hairlessness Our hair grows from between two to six years, and usually 90% of our hair is growing while the other 10% is ‘resting’ before it falls out….

09/10/2015

For the month of October, Neal’s Yard Remedies is will be donating £1 from the sale of every deodorant to The Haven and their breast cancer support centres. Available in two uplifting scents, these gentle and effective natural deodorants are free of preservatives aluminium salts which can block the pores. The Haven offers a wide range of emotional, physical and practical support which includes over 40 complementary therapies, counselling, nutritional advice, exercise classes, financial advice and support groups. Neal’s Yard Remedies…

09/10/2015

You just can’t keep down the good Bakers of Rogerstone. We’re swapping our Rocky Road for a new Range of Designer Bakes by THE CAKE ACADEMY that will add a real WOW to those extra special occasions and we’re going Online to prove it is possible to get our exceptional handfinished cakes delivered direct to your door! A special bake that’s on the rise!   Dreaming of being the next Nigella, Jamie, Mary or Paul is one thing but even…

09/10/2015

Tennis Wales is delighted to announce that The Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), the Tennis Foundation and partner Aegon have today launched the new Aegon British Tennis Awards that will reward the people who deliver tennis in communities across Great Britain. British venues are encouraged to nominate their volunteers and coaches who make a difference at a local level. Clubs, communities and education venues are invited to enter awards with fantastic prizes up for grabs – including a £5,000 facility grant…